October 19, 2019
25k. 16k. 16k relay.
Registration Open Now!
Pre Race Information
Registration – Opens April 1, 2019
Register by Sept 13th to ensure proper shirt sizing
Early Bird Price (until June 29th): $50
Regular Price (until Oct 13th): $60
Early Bird Price (until June 29th): $40
Regular Price (until Oct 13th): $50
16K Relay: (2 person team)
Early Bird Price (until June 29th): $60 (total price for both racers)
Regular Price (until Oct 13th): $80 (total price for both racers)
Minimun age for both distances is 13 years old (as of Race Day). All racers under 18 required parental/gardiun consent; with a wiaver to be completed and signed prior to race day or at package pick up.
There are race caps of:
- 125 racers for the 25k
- 80 racers for the 16K
- and 22 teams (44 racers) for the 16K Relay
Included with every race registration:
- Finish line Soup & Buns and other Snacks
- Swag bag full of goodies!
- Podium Finisher Prizes
- Awesome Draw Prizes!
October 19th: 7:30am – 8:00am @ Race Day Parking/Finish Line
ID must be shown to pick up your racer package. Bibs cannot be picked up by anyone but the registered runner. No Exceptions.
Deferral Policy and Wait List
Before Oct 1st we can offer a 100% deferral of fees to next year’s race. Between Oct 1st – 13th we can offer a 50% deferral of fees.
There will be no deferrals given during race week.
Wait List participants will be notified by Oct 14th, 2019 of any openings.
Bibs are non-transferable.
In the event of cancellation of the event for reasons including, but not limited to, weather, forest fires, acts of nature or other circumstances, Abbotsford Trail Running Club will provide a limited refund and discount towards the same event in the following year.
Check out our lodging partner, Coast Hotel Abbotsford for a discounted room rate (2 queens or 1 king). Limited rooms available at this rate.
- 8-week clinics to train specifically for the Valley VertiKiller Races
- Registration will open in June with Abbotsford Trail Running Club
- Clinic Starting August 24, 2019
25K Crew Challenge:
Team, club, crew, posse, squad, call it what you will, it’s your trail family, and we totally get it. That’s why we want to celebrate it with a Crew Challenge.
Here’s how it works:
- One person on your Crew will need to register as the Crew Capt. That person will create a super secret password that other members on the Crew will input when they register.
- 5+ friends register as part of the Crew and let the fun begin. Your Crew can have 6, 13 or even 20 members running, but only the times of the top 5 will count for the challenge.
- The Finish Time of the Top 5 Runners from each Crew will be used to tabulate that Crew’s overall time.
- The 3 fastest crews (Top 5 Runners per Crew Only) will be eligible for prizes and bragging rights.
Race Day Information
October 19, 2019
7:30 am – Racer Check-in
7:30 am – Bus Transport
8:45 am – 25k Pre-Race Briefing
9:00 am – 25k Race Start
9:15 am – 16k & 16k Relay Pre-Race Briefing
9:30 am – 16k & 16k Relay Race Start
Cut off: 6 hours
Sumas Mountain Regional Park
37777 Taggart Rd, Abbotsford, BC V3G 2L3
Washrooms are located at the Parking Lot / Finish Line and at the Start Line. There is also one washroom located at the upper parking lot which is around the 12Km point in the route.
Bag Drop available at the Parking / Finish Line.
There is limited parking at location (please carpool).
Due to parking regulations and permits, all racers and spectators must park at the finish line (Sumas Mountain lower parking lot) and take the complimentary bus to the start line.
All cars will be directed where to park on on a Bakstad Rd and Taggart Rd before the lower parking lot.
Racers will get first priority on the bus followed by the spectators and support crew.
Pre-race Briefing Highlights
- Stay on the designated trails
- Leave no trace
- Take care of each other
- No earphones
- No dogs, for safety reasons
- Racers must sign in so we know they are on the course
Please review the Full Race Regulations prior to the Race.
Central Fraser Valley Search and Rescue will be on site along with multiple First Aid attendants.
Two aid stations are located throughout the race as marked on the map. Each station will have water and fuel including gels, fruit and other snacks and drinks.
For full details, see course information
This is a cup free event, meaning you’ll need to pack along your own source for fluids at aid stations and at the finish line.
Here are two suggestions: A packable style bottle, or a homemade version in which you simply lop the top off of an empty kids juice box.
If you are interested in volunteering at the race please click the link below to sign up.
Sumas Mountain Regional Park
37777 Taggart Rd
Abbotsford, BC, V3G 2L3