October 20 , 2018
The original 25k and a new 16k Trail Race
Pre Race Information
Registration – Opens April 1, 2018
Mountain Beaver – 25K:
Early Bird Price (until July 1st): $50
Regular Price (until Oct 15th): $60
Red-legged Frog – 16K:
Early Bird Price (until July 1st): $40
Regular Price (until Oct 15th): $50
There is a race cap of 125 racers for each of the race distances.
Racers must be over 19 years of age
Included with every race registration:
- Finish line Soup & Buns and other Snacks
- Swag bag full of goodies!
- Podium Finisher Prizes
- Awesome Draw Prizes!
October 20th: 7:30am – 8:00am @ our race start
ID must be shown to pick up your racer package. Bibs cannot be picked up by anyone but the registered runner. No Exceptions.
Deferral Policy and Wait List
Before Oct 15th we can offer a 100% deferral of fees to next year’s race. There will be no deferrals given during race week
Wait List participants will be notified by Oct 17th, 2018 of any openings
Bibs are non-transferable
In the event of cancellation of the event for reasons including, but not limited to, weather, forest fires, acts of nature or other circumstances, Abbotsford Trail Running Club will provide a limited refund and discount towards the same event in the following year
The Valley Vertikiller is a Featured Race on STRAVA. Click on the link to join the VV Race Community.
- Set a goal time
- Discuss race strategy and workouts
- Check the weekly training of similar athletes
- 8-week clinic to train specifically for the Valley VertiKiller Race
- Register with Kintec for the 25k Trail Run (Advanced) Clinic – Abbotsford
- Register with ATRC for the 16k Trail Clinic
- Starting August 2018 – final dates to be confirmed
Ultimate Zero Contest (25k only)
Do you have what it takes to be the ultimate zero?
The first 100 participants registered by August 15 Will be entered into a draw to select the one lucky runner who will don the 000 bib.
As the ultimate zero you’ll have to finish faster than the average time of the top 100 runners to win a free entry into the 2018 Valley Vertikiller and a Spot Gen 3 Satellite GPS Messenger Beacon (with one year of free subscription, donated by Impact Magazine).
Team, club, crew, posse, squad, call it what you will, it’s your trail family, and we totally get it. That’s why we want to celebrate it with a Crew Challenge.
Here’s how it works:
- One person on your Crew will need to register as the Crew Capt. That person will create a super secret password that other members on the Crew will input when they register.
- 5+ friends register as part of the Crew and let the fun begin. Your Crew can have 6, 13 or even 20 members running, but only the times of the top 5 will count for the challenge.
- The Finish Time of the Top 5 Runners from each Crew will be used to tabulate that Crew’s overall time.
- The 3 fastest crews (Top 5 Runners per Crew Only) will be eligible for prizes and bragging rights.
Race Day Information
October 20, 2018
Sumas Mountain Regional Park
37777 Taggart Rd, Abbotsford, BC V3G 2L3
Washrooms are located at the Parking Lot / Finish Line and at the Start Line. There is also one washroom located at the upper parking lot which is around the 12Km point in the route.
Bag Drop available at the Parking / Finish Line.
There is limited parking at location (please carpool).
Due to parking regulations and permits, all racers and spectators must park at the finish line (Sumas Mountain lower parking lot) and take the complimentary bus to the start line.
All cars will be directed where to park on on a Bakstad Rd and Taggart Rd before the lower parking lot.
Racers will get first priority on the bus followed by the spectators and support crew.
Pre-race Briefing Highlights
- Stay on the designated trails
- Leave no trace
- Take care of each other
- No earphones
- No dogs, for safety reasons
- Racers must sign in so we know they are on the course
Please review the Full Race Regulations prior to the Race.
Central Fraser Valley Search and Rescue will be on site along with multiple First Aid attendants.
Two aid stations are located throughout the race as marked on the map. Each station will have water and fuel including gels, fruit and other snacks and drinks.
For full details, see course information
This is a cup free event, meaning you’ll need to pack along your own source for fluids at aid stations and at the finish line.
Here are two suggestions: A packable style bottle, or a homemade version in which you simply lop the top off of an empty kids juice box.
If you are interested in volunteering at the race please click the link below to sign up.
Sumas Mountain Regional Park
37777 Taggart Rd
Abbotsford, BC, V3G 2L3